Jeroen Hilhorst Concert guitars
|The Super Concert Guitar|
With the super concert guitar I have tried to create a guitar with the strongest possible projection.
The soundboard is a double top. This will vibrate better because it is lighter (it is partly hollow).
In the construction of the guitar I have gone to some extremes to create a very high stiffness, which will minimize the loss of energy.
- Solid ebony neck, reinforced with graphite
- Double sides
- I use ebony and other dense woods for the internal reinforcements
- The waist is wider to increase the volume of the body.
For the back and sides I use a dark and beautifully figured ziricote, to give this very special guitar the very special look it deserves.
The guitar has an elevated fingerboard, which is good for the sound, makes for easier playing over the octave and minimizes the chance for scratching the soundboard.
The guitar has an armrest on the egde of the soundboard. This prevents damping of the vibration of the soundboard by the arm. It is also comfortable for the arm, and will prevent medical problems in the arm.
There are 20 frets on the fingerboard.
The string length is 65 cm.
The guitar has an optimised soundboard, a centerbrace and a reinforced back.
The guitar is varnished by hand with a durable finish, rubbed out to a high gloss.
The soundboard is French polished with shellack.
The machineheads are of a high quality, with aluminum rollers and black buttons.
A Hiscox PRO-II case is included.
Recently I gave the super concert guitar a monitor soundhole in the side.
I have also started making compensated nuts and saddles, to perfect the tuning of the guitar.
The materials in the super concert guitar:
- A soundboard of very high quality European spruce, or cedar
- Back and sides of beautifully figured ziricote
- The back is reinforced with cedar
- An ebony neck reinforced with graphite
- An ebony fingerboard
- An ebony centerbrace
- Internal reinforcements in very dense woods like rosewood and beech
- A rosette and decoration lines in kingwood and maple.